Beef and Peas
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound dried peas, placed in a pot and covered with water to soak overnight
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans beef bouillon to serve as accompaniment
- Place beef stew meat in a pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped onion.
- Drain peas and add to pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meat and peas are tender (approximately one hour).
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for approximately ten more minutes.
- During this ten minutes, prepare beef bouillon according to directions to serve with the beef and peas.